The IOFI Secretariat is comprised of an Executive Director, Scientific Director, Regulatory/Advocacy Director and support staff. The primary responsibilities of the IOFI Secretariat are:
- An information resource for IOFI members with centralized data and consultation available on flavor assessments and regulatory information.
- Support of global harmonization of flavor regulation through participation in international meetings, hearings and conferences with global risk assessment and risk management authorities and other key constituents.
- Extensive education and communication about IOFI's mission, objectives and resources to support flavor safety with current and prospective members.
- Support of IOFI members in their advocacy efforts with legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Collection of confidential information on a worldwide basis on the identity and use levels of flavoring substances.
- Ongoing communication with member associations about scientific, regulatory or legal developments with global impact in the flavor industry through Information Letters, Documentation Bulletins, the bi-annual newsletter IOFI Insight, this website and other avenues.
- Keeping the Code of Practice, the IOFI Database, the Global Reference List and other documents up-to-date.
- Maintaining good relationships with associations related to the flavor industry.
Executive Director: Sven Ballschmiede Tel: +32 2 214 20 50
Regulatory and Advocacy Director: Dr. Thierry Cachet Tel: +32 2 214 20 50
Scientific Director: Dr. Sean V. Taylor Tel: +32 2 214 20 50