Code of Practice 2012
01. Limitation of Responsibility
02. Preface - About IOFI
04. The Need and Technological Function of Flavourings in Food
05. Composition of Flavourings
06. Flavourings and Intellectual Property
07. Basic Standards of Good Manufacturing Practice
09. Claims Made in the Labeling, Presentation or Advertising of Flavourings
10. Quality Assurance and Management
11. Quality Control and Storage
12. Statement of Shelf life
13. Guidelines on the IOFI Interpretation of the term "Natural"
14. Guidelines for the Production of Thermal Process Flavourings.
15. Guidelines for the Preparation of Smoke Flavourings
16. Guidelines for Enzymatic and Mircrobiological Processes for the Production of Flavourings.
17. Guidelines for Health and Environmental Protection
18. Annex I - Lists of Flavouring and Non-Flavouring Food Ingredients
19. Annex II- Extraction Solvents and Flavouring Substances Requiring Additional Attention
20. Annex III- Codex Alimntarius CAC-GL 66-2008
IOFI Language Disclaimer
The official IOFI language is English. IOFI develops official statements/position and internal and external communication in English. However, at the discretion of the Secretariat, IOFI may sometimes offer documents in languages other than English.
Local member associations are free to translate official IOFI documents* into local languages, but IOFI’s review and approval are required before the translated documents being published/distributed. IOFI encourages local member associations to translate and disseminate routine communications like Information Letters for their membership. In all cases, the translated documents shall bear the date of translation, this disclaimer and the links to the official IOFI documents on which the translations are based.
* “Official IOFI documents” include but are not limited to: routine communications such as Information Letters and IOFI Insight; IOFI Code of Practice; IOFI Global Reference List (GRL); IOFI Database; IOFI minutes and notes from various committees, task forces and working groups which are available on the General Information Section of the IOFI Member Network.
Avenue des Arts, 6
Tel: +32 2 214 20 50
Rue du Marché, 9
Tel: +41 22 310 44 21
1101 17th Street NW
Suite 700, Washington,
Tel: +1 202 293-5800